Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time for a Laugh


Sometimes journalists just make my day. Sometimes, it's the anonymous commenters who say it better than the professional writers. Today I want to share something that made me smile.

I was reading an article about President Obama's getting furious with his aides over news of the oil spill. According to The Washington Post:

"Since the oil rig exploded, the White House has tried to project a posture that is unflappable and in command.

"But to those tasked with keeping the president apprised of the disaster, Obama's clenched jaw is becoming an increasingly familiar sight. During one of those sessions in the Oval Office the first week after the spill, a president who rarely vents his frustration cut his aides short, according to one who was there.

"'Plug the damn hole,' Obama told them."

But, that's not what amused me. I was glad I had read the article just because of the first reader comment which mused, "I bet the CEO of BP just slapped himself on the forehead and said, why didn't i think of that???"

Thanks for the laugh.

No comments: