Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just for Smiles

Okay, I promised to keep this blog positive. Because of that, I do try to ignore much of the political scene because it is so negative. As everyone knows by now, Tom Daschle recently withdrew his name after Obama nominated him as Secretary of the Health and Human Services Department. There have now been three cabinet nominees who have faced tough criticism because they were caught cheating on taxes. Tom Daschle is my favorite, though, because the whole situation is so hilarious. How did he cheat on his taxes? He didn't pay them on a limo and driver given to him by his employer. Why does that make me laugh so hard I can't see straight? Check out this real campaign ad from the 80's...



That's not all folks, 1998 Mr. Daschle gave a passionate speech on the senate floor during which he said, "Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter."

Okay, if that didn't brighten your day, then I don't know what's wrong with you. Politics can be fun!

No comments: