Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Apparently, I'm a pathetic hack

Well, once again, I am not nearly as original as I thought I was. When I started thinking about the issue of gay marriage and what was really philosophically behind it, I wondered whether the the government should be involved in marriage at all. I wanted to clarify that it's not a freedom issue the way everyone keeps insisting. Rather, it is a endorsement issue that had the potential to threaten religious freedom. Please read those thoughts here. I thought it was a pretty original idea.It came from a lot of introspection of my beliefs. Everyone I discussed it with thought it was a little nutty. Well, today I turned on a series of news clips to play while I did some half-hearted exercise. I was surprised by this one.



Anyone who reads me knows that I don't pretend to know everything. I simply want to expand the minds of anyone who reads what I write. Whether right or wrong, it's an interesting perspective.