Tuesday, May 12, 2009

He Said/She Said


David Feherty said, “Despite how the conflict (in Iraq) has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death.”

Wanda Sykes said: “I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight…Rush Limbaugh — I hope the country fails. I hope his kidneys fail, how about that? He needs a waterboarding, that’s what he needs.”

What’s the difference? David Feherty was condemned by the media until he apologized. Wanda Sykes got a belly laugh from the President of the United States and a lot of hits on you tube.

Since this blog is dedicated to destroying ignorance, though, let’s clear this up for Ms. Sykes. Rush Limbaugh does not want this country to fail. President Obama, in a speech for his 100th day in office said that he is “remaking America.” Seriously? Isn’t that like the quintessential bad guy quote? “Then I will remake this world in my own glorious image! (evil laugh)”

There are a lot of people who think America was better before the “remaking” began. There are a lot of people who hope the remaking fails so that America can survive. When you wish death to these people, you wish death to the greatest country in history. You wish death to free speech. I do not. Both Wanda and David are welcome to make their jokes. I think that's what Rush wanted to preserve.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Okay, everyone is laughing now all the way to changes in our country that we the people do not want. Also, there was that person (I do not remember her name) who said that everyone present at the tea parties are racist against the first black American presient. Did they even listen to the cries of the people? I guess not because they just passed an even larger budget than thought when it was first passed. Free speech is one of our rights that is under attack. People have even asked me if I am worried because I have written my elected officials and stated my concerns and thoughts. I never thought that I would live to see the day when we would be facing some of our rights trampled upon. By the way, what is the next action to be taken by those who organized the tea parties? Were they really just a one time deal? If so they will not really accomplish much, except of course name calling. Mom