Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You



Memorial Day is an exciting day for most Americans. It's getting close to the time when school gets out. The weather is finally warm enough to play at a park or have a barbecue in the back yard. Many people are enjoying a long weekend and celebrating the start of summer with family and friends. But there are a several out there who are having their barbecue with someone missing. The irony is that those empty seats are the reason anyone is having a celebration today at all. I'm not talking about the holiday that wouldn't exist without our military; I'm talking about a way of life that couldn't exist without them. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a loved one in a war. I have a few veterans in my family, but they will still fill their seats today. I hope I am able to help them understand how much I appreciate their sacrifice. But my heart is filled with love for those families that are missing someone today, and everyday. Whether it was a sweetheart in Would War II, an uncle in Vietnam, or a child in Operation Iraqi Freedom: Thank you. I am overcome by the feelings I have for you and wish there were better words to express what's in my heart. Since there isn't, Thank you.

No comments: